PhD student position in Translational Medicine (f/m) - “The Role of the Microbiome for Cardiovascular Risk and the Mode-of-Action of a Novel Dipeptide containing PD Fluid” (ESR 11)
- Biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, medicine, biostatistics, bioinformatics
- Zytoprotec Gmbh
- Closing Date
The Austrian biotech company Zytoprotec is hosting a highly motivated PhD student in collaboration with the Christian Doppler Laboratory for Molecular Stress Research in Peritoneal Dialysis), at the Department of Pediatrics of the Medical University of Vienna. The PhD Project will be part of “IMPROVE-PD” (Identification and Management of Patients at Risk – Outcome and Vascular Events in Peritoneal Dialysis), an EU H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITN.
The IMPROVE PD consortium connects leading academic and industrial researchers, for understanding the mechanisms of inflammation-driven cardiovascular disease in PD patients, developing individualized approaches to identify those at risk, and testing new therapies. The project aims to analyse the impact of glutamine, a successfully tested cytoprotective additive to PD fluids, on the microbiome of PD patients, and resulting changes in CV outcome. The project will include animal experiments and creation of molecular fingerprints (microbiome, metabolome, proteome). The ESR will also have the chance to obtain validation samples from a phase III trial of PD-protec®. The infrastructure of the CDL-MSRPD laboratory, a public-private partnership of Zytoprotec and the MedUni Vienna, is located at the interdisciplinary Anna Spiegel Center of Translational Research (http://cdl-msrpd.meduniwien.ac.at).
We search for a highly motivated candidate, holding a degree in the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, medicine, biostatistics or bioinformatics, who is willing to learn new (omics) technologies and techniques (NGS, LC-MS) connecting animal experiments and clinical trials. The position requires solid analytical thinking, scientific writing skills, excellent command of English (basic German is an advantage). The ideal candidate is talented for wet lab techniques as well as for data science, including statistical and bioinformatic skills. Candidates will be required to meet the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early Stage Researcher eligibility criteria.
- A challenging job in an inspiring, dynamic, young and engaged research environment
- Personal development and participation in network-wide training activities and conferences
- State-of-the-art research lab and supervision by recognized experts
- Full-time PhD position for 36 months starting in July-September 2019
Fill in the ESR APPLICATION FORM and send it by June 10, 2019, together with your Curriculum Vitae to: applications(at)improvepd.eu
- Main contact
- Name: Javier Carrero Liroa IMPROVE-PD project Funded by the European Union Horizon 2020 Programme (Marie Sklodowska-Curie) Centro de Biología Molecular-Severo Ochoa C/ Nicolás Cabrera, 1. CP . 28049- Madrid