Top Citizen Science (TCS) Funding Initiative
What should be included in the final project report?
The current requirements for final reports are available for download at:
What common outcomes should be specified?
The FWF requests that the report cover all the key outcomes of the project that have already been published, in particular:
- Further Funding
- Engagement Activities
- Research Databases & Models
- Software & Technical Products
- Awards & Recognition
What mandatory additional questions should be included?
The following content is required:
- FWF Final Report: written final report that serves, together with the outcomes, as the basis for the review
- FWF Summaries for Public Relations: summaries in German and English for public relations work
If the summaries cannot be released to the public for particular reasons, it is possible to temporarily delay their publication.
We request that you report on the other questions (Cooperation with the FWF, FWF Statistics for Collaborations, FWF Development of Human Resources), where appropriate. The final report cannot be submitted without answering the yes/no question whether you would be willing to provide feedback (for example):
Where can conferences be entered?
- Publications on conferences (proceedings, abstracts) can be entered under “Publications – Conference Proceeding/Conference Paper” in the „Common Outcomes” area.
- “Personal invitation as keynote or other named speaker to a conference” and “Poster/abstracts prize” can be entered into the system under “Common Outcomes” in the “Awards & Recognition” area.
- Conference attendances and other matters pertaining to conferences can be included in the FWF Final Report in Section 4. “Other important aspects”.
Can the submission deadline for final reports be extended?
If the deadline specified by the FWF for the submission of final reports cannot be met, the PI must send a free-form request for an extension within a reasonable amount of time before the end of the deadline. In this case, please send the request and a brief explanation to the FWF (martina.kunzmann(at)fwf.ac.at).
What happens if the final project report is not submitted?
If a final project report is not submitted, the FWF will send a one-time reminder by registered mail. If the project report is not submitted within 30 days of this reminder, the FWF will stop payment of all FWF-funded research projects of the PI, as well as the processing of any new research proposals submitted to the FWF. This ban will be lifted after the outstanding final report has been submitted.
Can project outcomes also be included after submission of the final project report?
Additional project outcomes can be included up to 5 years after the end of the project. An annual reminder will be sent to the PI and further outcomes can be entered and submitted via the “Begin submission process” feature.