Predoc research position (12 h per week)
- Musicology, Cultural Studies
- Austrian Academy of Sciences, Institute for Art History and Musicology
The Institute for History of Art and Musicology (IKM) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW), the largest non‐university institution for basic research in Austria, is offering a
PREDOC POSITION (F*M)
(12h per week)
for the four‐year long FWF‐project (2019–2023) “Discourses on music at the margins of the Habsburg Monarchy (c. 1750–1914)”, head: Dr. Tatjana Marković, starting with february 1, 2020.
• Conducting research of the written primary sources in Hungarian or related to Hungarian musical life and discourses on music in written media in the Habsburg military border area (Slavonia and the Banat)
• Complementary interdisciplinary research within the project
• Inclusion in all the phases of the project in order to present her/his research results at symposia and conferences, in addition to her/his own independent activities (writing thesis, publishing articles…)
• Musicologist or cultural historian with music education (at least master’s degree)
• Excellent command of the Hungarian language, culture and history, proficiency in English and German
• Experience with primary material in Hungarian
• Independent and result‐oriented work approach
• Experience in the organization of conferences
• Readiness to engage in interdisciplinary collaboration
• Readiness for teamwork
We offer an annual gross salary of € 12.109,44 according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
The Austrian Academy of Sciences values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
How to apply?
Please send your application including CV, diplomas (copy), and a list of publications, via email to Michael.Horvath(at)oeaw.ac.at no later than November 30, 2019.
- Name: Dr. Tatjana Markovic