Post Doctoral position in Parameterized Complexity
- Computer Science
- TU Wien, Vienna
There is an opening for a postdoc position at the Algorithms and Complexity group at TU Wien, Vienna, Austria.
- The position is for two years with the possibility of an extension.
- The position is research-only, but interested candidates have the opportunity get involved in teaching.
- The employment is full-time (40 hrs/week) and the salary is internationally competitive (the yearly entry-level gross salary is approx. 53K for postdocs).
- The working language at the university is English, knowledge of German is not required.
Required are a PhD degree in Computer Science or related area and excellent knowledge of algorithms and complexity, preferably in the setting of parameterized complexity and fixed-parameter tractability.
Some background in graph theory, combinatorics, satisfiability, computational logic, or constraint satisfaction is of advantage.
Applications must be made by September 27, 2019.
The application should include the candidate’s CV, an abstract of their PhD thesis, a motivation letter, and a list of three references.
- Informal inquires by email (Stefan Szeider, sz(at)ac.tuwien.ac.at) are welcome.
- Name: Stefan Szeider
- Name: Mihaela Rozman