Graduate Teaching Assistant / PhD Researcher
- Machine Learning
- Johannes Kepler Universität Linz; Wien, Linz
The LIT Artificial Intelligence Lab at the Johannes Kepler University Linz and the Institute for Machine Learning offer a fully funded PhD position.
The candidate will be fully employed on both a Teaching Assistant position (50%) and as a researcher on a third party project (50%) called "Self-normalizing networks as enabler of functional modularity in large AI systems" ("AI-SNN"). The project also involves Deep Learning methods for medical data.
- The successful candidate must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent academic qualification) in a corresponding discipline (computer science, mathematics, bioinformatics, statistics or related)
- Research-orientated and strongly motivated to complete a dissertation
- Theory and practice of machine learning, e.g. Deep Learning (robust learning, generative models, normalization techniques), Reinforcement learning, Probabilistic modeling,
- Expertise in Python programming, and
- Strong command of English
Job location: Vienna and Linz
Application deadline: August 16, 2019.
- Name: Günter Klambauer