University Assistant (f/m)
- Master degree in electrical engineering, information and communications engineering, informatics, or applied mathematics graded with “good” or better
- 9020 Klagenfurt
Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt announces the following job vacancy
University Assistant (f/m)
at the Faculty for Technical Sciences, Institute of Networked and Embedded Systems. The expected starting date for this 4-year contract (30 hours/week) is November 5, 2018.
The legally binding job announcement can be found at
The Institute of Networked and Embedded Systems is a leading partner of the university’s key research strength “networked and autonomous systems” with a strong emphasis on communications and networking, wireless sensor and camera networks as well as autonomous robot and drone systems. Various projects are conducted in collaboration with industrial and research partners.
To strengthen our team further, we are searching for a pre-doc researcher who will perform the following tasks:
• Research on innovative solutions for networked embedded systems
• Perform independent scientific research with the goal to complete the PhD (Dr. techn.)
• Hold tutorial courses for the study program information and communications engineering at the bachelor level (in German)
and/or at the master level (in English)
• Mentor students
• Participate in administrative and organizational tasks of the institute
• Collaborate in public relation activities of the institute and the faculty
• Master degree in electrical engineering, information and communications engineering, informatics, or applied mathematics
graded with “good” or better
• Profound knowledge and experience in at least two of the following fields: camera and sensor networks, robot and drone
systems, algorithms, multi-agent systems, digital systems, communication protocols and computer architectures
• Programming skills in C/C++, Matlab, VHDL, Python or Java
• Technical and didactic competence for teaching fundamentals of digital circuits
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Fluent in written and spoken German
• Social and communicative competences and ability to work in a team
• First relevant scientific publications (beyond the master thesis)
• Relevant international experience
• Commitment to high-quality teaching and research
The monthly minimum salary for this position as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is €2.096,- (pre-tax, 14 x per year), but may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt is a young and vibrant campus university hosting 10,000 students. It is located in the southern part of Austria, a region with outstanding quality of life at the intersection of Alpine and Mediterranean culture. The institute’s offices and laboratories are located in the well-equipped Lakeside Science & Technology Park. Our team is very international with English being the working language.
The university strives at raising the number of female scientific staff members and therefore specifically invites women to apply. In case of equal qualifications, women will receive priority consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfill the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
All relevant documents for the application (including copies of all school certificates and performance records) must be submitted via the online application form www.aau.at/obf of Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurtno later than October 17, 2018, indicating reference code 572H/18.
General information for applicants is available on www.aau.at/jobs/information. Additional information on the Institute of Networked and Embedded Systems is available on https://nes.aau.at or by contacting Professor Bernhard Rinner (+43 463 2700 3670). Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application procedure cannot be reimbursed.
- Name: Univ.-Prof. Bernhard RINNER
- Telefon: 0043 463 2700 3670