PhD position in Environmental Engineering
- Urban Water Management
- University Innsbruck, Austria
The Unit of Environmental Engineering (IUT) is part of the biggest Education and Research Institution in western Austria, which is the University Innsbruck. The IUT belongs to the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering Sciences. The IUT seeks to fill a position within the basic research project “Urban water infrastructure – finding simplicity in complexity”. The overall aim of the project is to enhance the knowledge on principles, and characteristics of grown, complex water infrastructures by combining hydraulic with complex graph analysis. The successful candidate will work on graph analysis of water networks, data reconstruction, uncertainty analysis and failure propagation in water network modelling.
• MSc. in civil/environmental engineering or computer science or comparable
• knowledge in urban water management or willingness to acquire
• high motivation, teamwork capabilities and communication skills
• excellent knowledge in English (knowledge in German is not mandatory)
• background in hydraulic network simulations (Epanet and/or SWMM)
• automatisation techniques with script languages like Matlab or Python
• knowledge on graph analysis advantageous
• knowledge on Geographic Information Systems advantageous
We offer a position in an exciting, multidisciplinary and internationally linked research environment. The gross salary per year is EUR 29.573,60 for 30 hours weekly (according to Standard personnel costs for FWF Austrian science fund projects).
Starting date is as soon as possible and the call remains open until the position is filled.
Please send your application (including motivation, CV, list of publication, abstracts of theses, etc.) in electronic form to robert.sitzenfrei(at)uibk.ac.at.
- Name: Robert Sitzenfrei